As we navigate this period of social distancing and building closures, SNAHC is still here and prepared to do what it takes to provide you with the care you need. That is why we have started doing telehealth appointments over Zoom. If you’ve never used Zoom before, that’s okay! To quickly learn the basics of Zoom, check out this video on 7 Tips for Using Zoom on an iPad or iPhone.
Need more help? The internet is filled with more resources to help you figure it all out, and we’ve compiled a list of the most helpful articles and videos for you below.
- Live Trainings with Recordings – https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360029527911
- Zoom Help Center – Tutuorials – https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- Zoom Download Center Macintosh and PC – https://zoom.us/download
- Android Zoom Cloud Installation – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM48YTEmhPQ
- iPhone Zoom Cloud Installation – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjIDZs6RePM
- Zoom Support – https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us?_ga=2.169100129.1144047451.1588621987-68830560.1587660527
- Contact Zoom Technical Support – [See Support Process for Free Accounts] https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003
Is Zoom Safe To Use?
Zoom has a special Healthcare platform that our providers use. This Zoom platform contains support for HIPAA and PIPEDA/PHIPA compliance, including AES 256-bit encryption of all meeting data and chat messages, which just means your data is being used in compliance with HIPAA guidelines and it’s being highly encrypted for your safety. That means no one else can access your data or your video chat appointments except you and your doctor.